Make the perfect drip (or filling) for your cakes!
Skip buying drips from the store and make your own delicious home ganache right at home using only two ingredients, chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
There are different ratios of chocolate to cream that can be used for ganache, but the perfect ratio for drips and fillings is 1:1.
A 1:1 ratio means equal parts of both ingredients. An example of this would be 1 cup chocolate chips to 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
Chocolate Ganache Drip
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chip semi-sweet
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl
- Microwave heavy cream for 1 minute or until it starts to bubble
- Add heavy cream to chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute
- Using a whisk, mix the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together until combined
- Now using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated
- If pieces of chocolate are not melted completely, microwave for a few seconds then continue to mix until completely combined
- Allow ganache to set for one hour at room temperate or can be placed in the fridge for a faster set time